Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers Day Weekend


I am so happy to be a mom. Like my own mother, I knew from an early age that the main thing I wanted from life was to be a mom. I always knew that I wanted kids and though it can be so challenging, it is by far the most rewarding thing I have ever been a part of. Sasha and Lyla are the center of my universe and I am so thankful to have them. I have learned so many very important life lessons through the trial and errors of motherhood. I treasure these early years of their lives and I am trying to just slow it all down and really absorb and appreciate them. I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am that I get to be a stay at home mom to them. My relationship with my kids is very tightly woven and I know it's the way it is BECAUSE we are with each other so much of the time. I've got the whole rest of my life for myself. These are the kid years, and they are flying by to quickly for my taste. So, yes, I had a great mothers day.
Saturday was jam packed but really a lot of fun. We started the day with Sasha's soccer game and she scored 4 of her teams 5 goals. That is a dream scenario for a family of sore loser, poor sports. So the day started off just right. Dave missed the game because he had to stay home and wait for the Comcast guy to come fix our home phone and Internet connection. We didn't have either service for 3 days and I was going nuts. My mom was over here one of those days and she didn't understand why I NEEDED the internet so badly. It is crazy how dependant I am on the internet. I need this wi-fi to keep me connected to the outside world. Soccer practice, hair appointments and my news source are all done via the internet. I remember being 18 and hearing about this mystical thing called the "web" and wondering why anyone would ever need such a thing? I honestly thought only nerds would use it.......long story short, I am a nerd!
After soccer, we took the boat out for the first time for the season. Pineview is so close and we just bought a launching pass so we can put the boat in for free the rest of the year. The water is obviously still insanely cold, so we just stayed in the boat and went FAST! We stopped in the middle of the reservoir and ate lunch while Sasha attempted to fish for the first time. She was a bit disappointed that she wasn't able to catch a fish in the ten minutes that she fished. But fishing is boring compared to speeding across a glass like body of water, so away we went. After boating, Sasha and I hit up my friend Jessica's house for her daughter Shiloh's 1st birthday party. Sasha was really having her dream day! I was exhausted, but we had a really low key, stay at home mothers day, so all and all it was great weekend. I am dressed in jeans, a fleece jacket and my warmest slippers today because Utah isn't on board with summer quite yet, but Dave tells me the weather is going to be gorgeous on the weekend so hopefully we can do it all again!

1 comment: