Friday, February 12, 2010

The Good and the Bad

This last week has been the worst and at the same time the best. Let me explain. Both of my girls were sick this last week, Sasha with a nasty, fever inducing cold, and Lyla with the same horrible cold and an ear infection on top of it. This means that Dave and I were worried about them, and we were getting very little sleep. The baby was tossing and turning all night, trying to cough up the junk in her lungs. she gagged on snot twice and barfed, so we were on barf watch for a few nights, and that is the worst. And our dear Sasha does the scream crying in the middle of the night most of the time, but when she is sick, it just gets ridiculous. Now the baby is on an antibiotic, which means we can look forward to a lovely diaper rash.... So that is obviously the BAD stuff.
The good stuff isn't even good, it is FANTASTIC! The winter blahs come with one tiny perk and that is great TV programming. We are loving the Bachelor (yes, Dave gets super excited for the Bachelor), and we also enjoy Project Runway and The Office. But this last week has brought me the best programming of all. First we started with Celebrity Fit Club staring my first rock star crush, Sebastian Bach who made me so proud by saying, "Nobody wants to see a fat rock star, and that's a fact". Not to mention K-Fed (famous ex of Britney Spears), his baby mama Shar Jackson, Bobbie Brown (ex of Whitney Houston and singer of "My Perogative") and Jay the first winner of Project Runway! This show is great entertainment for me. I am just a sucker for Celeb reality programming and this is quality here! Sebastian in the good old days...


But that's not even the best of it. The TV Gods have brought both Dave and I a show so fantastic that the first episode had to be two hours long. Behold, Survivor: Hero's vs. Villain's!!!!!!!! Survivor is the best show ever, and this is the all star cast of my dreams. My face hurt because I could not stop smiling during this episode. Rest assured, my Tivo is set and I am now fully prepared to deal with the rest of winter. When life hands you lemons, made lemonade and drink it while enjoying all the goods that your TV has to offer!

1 comment:

  1. I too am a Survivor addict! (I tried out once) I get so disappointed when one season ends and I have to wait for the next one to start. This season could be the best one yet!

    ReplyDelete