Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Dress!


I had to throw this one in. This is the #1 reason that I love having a laptop. Lyla will sit at the kitchen table and watch endless Justin Bieber videos. This also helps to distract her while I try to feed her.





Poor Lyla gets stuck with a gypsy, scrap skirt, her signature heels, a headband and the sweats she wore to bed. She actually wears something similar to this most days, but when we go out, I do take the time to properly dress her, except I will admit I swapped the heels for Uggs and she did wear this ensemble to Wal-mart, and she did look better than most everyone else in the store.


I love making "dress up dresses" but I decided it's time to cross over into the world of real clothes. I found some cute fabric at Jo-Anns that I couldn't walk away from and I had a 50% off coupon, so I bought it. I understand basic construction of clothes, so I said what the hell and tried making a cute dress for Sasha. I think it turned out so cute! It was VERY easy and now I have a better idea of what I'm doing. I made this one a little bit too big, but the fabric cost me $4.00, so it was a cheap lesson to learn. Sasha loves the dress and was thrilled to wear it to school. I am so happy she likes it and I can't wait to make another one!

I wanted to take 1 picture of her in it before we left for school, but in typical Sasha fashion, 1 picture turned into a 20 shot photo shoot. She goes into "Gisele better watch her back" mode and it is so fun to watch her model. It's different pose for every frame and she likes to switch backgrounds frequently. Very cute.

1 comment:

  1. Stef, I love your blog. You may even inspire me to start my own one day! I am so impressed (and jealous) with your sewing skills. I don't even know how to thread a needle. Sasha's dress is super cute!

    ReplyDelete