Thursday, May 20, 2010

Finale Season

Spring is fantastic (if you don't live in the manic depressive weather of Utah). The flowers are blooming, and the grass is trying desperately to green up. It's a lovely time of beginnings in nature, but sadly, it is a time of endings in the wonderful world of Television....... All the terrific shows that entertain my mind at the end of the day are wrapping it up for summer. It saddens me and I just know how dull Thursday will be without the promise of a new episode of Survivor or the Office once the kiddies go to bed. I know what all the haters are saying aloud at this very minute (Why does she love T.V. this much? Doesn't she know it will rot her brain? Why doesn't she read War and Peace during her free time?), and believe me I don't care. Television is a fantastic way to unwind at the end of the day and I am a believer for sure! I am practically getting my masters degree in pop culture and I just can't risk not being in the know. It's been tough enough being the only female in Weber county who doesn't watch Grays Anatomy or The Hills..... So I have been taking it all in, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Americas Next Top Model, and even American Idol. They are all going to be over this week and I am just not ready!!!
There will be a new season of the Bachelorette starting, but awful, annoying Ali is going to the bachelorette this season and it's going to be hard to watch her horribleness this entire season. I can't wait until America starts consulting Dave and I about the casting of these shows. I assure you we could improve things considerably. Oh yes, I said it... Dave loves these shows just as much as I do, so they have become one more thing to bond over. We enjoy a little Basketball and some golf, but the super bowl is the only football getting any tube time in this house. It really has been great that he doesn't care about any of that Man programming. Don't get me wrong, I am subjected to some nerdy-ass science shows from time to time, but it's a small price to pay for all the Project Runway he puts up with.
Thank the lord for HBO, cause all their goodies start in JUNE!

No comments:

Post a Comment